- Managing Partner, Capital Markets @
- PIA Residential
Mr. Daniel Kattan is a Principal and Co-founder of PIA Residential "PIA". Today the company owns and operates over 1,200 multifamily units across the southeast. Mr. Kattan serves as the Managing Partner of Capital Markets and is responsible for all aspects of capital raising and investment activity. Throughout his career, Mr. Kattan has more than 15 years of real estate experience and has been involved in the financing and acquisition of over 1000 single-family and multifamily units. He was instrumental in the financing, refinancing, and disposition of PIA's portfolio and was responsible for structuring more than $180 million in non-recourse debt.
Mr. Kattan is also the Founder and CEO of the real estate platform Sell2Rent and the Co-Founder and Executive Manager of W.I.N.E. The Wharton International Network of Entrepreneurs, a nonprofit in conjunction with the Wharton School of Business.
Prior to creating PIA, Mr. Kattan distinguished career was comprised of senior positions with both Countrywide Financial and the Pan-American Investment Fund for Chile's Grupo CB. He advised investors consulting on non-performing note pools and focused on the financial, real estate, transportation, and infrastructure sectors in these roles. He also successfully launched internet services, advanced telecommunications, and biotechnology companies.
Currently, Mr. Kattan serves on the Board of Advisors for BBVA Bank, the Planning and Zoning Board of the City of Hallandale, the Advisory Board for the Center of Advanced Jewish Education, and Chairman of Board of C.H.A.P., the Community Hebrew Afterschool Program. Mr. Kattan is a member of the Entrepreneur Organization "E.O" and a frequent contributor to the Forbes Business Journal.
Mr. Kattan graduated cum laude from Northeastern University with a B.A. in Industrial Engineering. He attended The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned an M.B.A specializing in Finance.
Upcoming Speaking Events
- Growth Unleashed: Premier Class B Multifamily Opportunities in the Sunbelthosted by PIA ResidentialMarch 19, 20241:00 PM - 2:00 PMWebcast
Past Speaking Events
- Multi Family Real Estate Update: Perspective From Different Regionshosted by Weinberg Wheeler Hudgins Gunn & Dial, LLCOctober 22, 202011:00 AM - 12:00 PMPanel
- The Impact of Technology on Real Estatehosted by PIA ResidentialNovember 19, 20201:30 PM - 2:00 PMKeynote
- Private Debt & Direct Lending Opportunities in 2021hosted by FLAIAFebruary 18, 202111:00 AM - 12:00 PMPanel
- How Purchasing 400SFR and 400 Small MF Units during the Global Financial Crisis (2009) is Helping Us Navigate Today's Environmenthosted by PIA ResidentialMarch 18, 202110:30 AM - 11:00 AMKeynote
- Why Workforce Housing Remains the Most Investable CRE Asset Classhosted by PIA ResidentialSeptember 14, 20211:00 PM - 2:00 PMWebcast
- Reliable Inflation-Adjusted Cash Flow + Strong Returns | Sunbelt Region Value Add Fund Opportunityhosted by PIA ResidentialAugust 18, 202211:30 AM - 12:00 PMKeynote
- Reliable Inflation-Adjusted Cash Flow + Strong Returns | Sunbelt Region Value Add Fund Opportunityhosted by PIA ResidentialOctober 20, 202212:00 PM - 12:30 PMKeynote
About PIA Residential
PIA Residential is a private equity real estate firm with a proven track record, buying and managing residential properties in the Southeast Unites States. The partnership currently owns and operates over 1,200 multifamily units across the southeast. During the last decade, PIA invested heavily in the single-family and medium-sized multifamily market; and through successful management and repositioning, PIA reaped the benefits of tremendous value appreciation. PIA's seasoned team of professionals brings over 180 years of combined experience in selecting, evaluating, structuring, financing, improving, managing, and selling multifamily assets. With an institutional mindset and entrepreneurial spirit, conservative underwriting, and defensive acquisition strategies, PIA strives to produce above-average, risk-adjusted market returns for our Family Office and HNW individual investors.