- Founder / General Partner @
- Practical Venture Capital
Aman Verjee has more than 15 years of financial and operational experience from both private and public technology companies. He has been a member of the management teams at some of the most successful and beloved companies in the world, including PayPal, eBay and Sonos.
Prior to becoming a general partner at Practical Venture Capital, Aman was the Chief Operating Officer of 500 Startups, which during his tenure was the world’s most active venture capital firm, measured by the number of investments made. In that role, Aman managed the global fundraising team, the seed accelerator team, and the Series A growth programs. He also managed the Investment Committee for the firm’s global funds, which collectively had over $450 million in AUM.
Prior to Sonos, Aman spent eight years at eBay, Inc., mostly at PayPal, which was acquired by eBay in 2002. Aman was the Chief Financial Officer of eBay’s North America business, which generated over $2 billion in revenues and nearly $1 billion in operating profit. Aman also led finance and strategy for PayPal.
Aman has additional experience as Financial Analyst at Lehman Brothers and Associate at McKinsey. He graduated with a degree in economics from Stanford University and has a law degree from Harvard University.
Past Speaking Events
- Venture Fund Secondary: Buy the Winning Ticket at Halftimehosted by Practical Venture CapitalNovember 10, 20211:00 PM - 2:00 PMPanel
- Valuations Reality Check: Comparing Private to Public Performancehosted by Practical Venture CapitalFebruary 17, 202212:00 PM - 1:00 PMPanel
- Price Tags on Tech Companies: Analyzing Private and Public Valuationshosted by Practical Venture CapitalJuly 14, 202211:00 AM - 11:30 AMKeynote
- FIRESIDE CHAT WITH AMAN VERJEE "PRICE TAGS ON TECH COMPANIES: ANALYZING PRIVATE AND PUBLIC VALUATIONS"hosted by Practical Venture CapitalNovember 4, 202212:00 PM - 12:30 PMWebcast
- Practical VC - Portfolio Allocation in 2023 and Beyondhosted by Practical Venture CapitalDecember 2, 202212:00 PM - 12:30 PMWebcast
About Practical Venture Capital
Practical Venture Capital (PVC) is a Silicon Valley VC firm that buys secondary interests in mature, top-performing early-stage VC funds and companies. The co-founders and managing partners are Dave McClure and Aman Verjee, experienced investors and internet startup veterans who have worked at PayPal, eBay, Sonos, Founders Fund and 500 Startups. They have been early investors in 30+ unicorns and 8 IPOs that have generated 50-100x+ returns including Credit Karma, Twilio, SendGrid, Lyft, TalkDesk, Canva, among others.