Opportunities in Video Gaming
The Video game industry is one of the fastest growing media segments of all time. Global gaming is projected to generate revenues north of $219 billion by 2024. It’s no wonder, why biggest tech companies like Microsoft, Tencent and Facebook are making massive acquisitions to capitalize on this trend.
The Asia-Pacific region has seen the most growth in consumption and now accounts for more than half of all gamers.
As consumption grows, the form factor and definition of gaming is also rapidly expanding. From AR/VR gaming from Meta, to the convergence blockchain + gaming new sub niches have been created like NFT based games and Play 2 Earn Gaming.
The innovations in this sector move at a rapid pace and it will be exciting to see how this dynamic industry will continue to adapt as it matures.
- Fastest growing media industries
- Global gaming market is now worth over $180 billion dollars
- Big Tech is making huge investments, Meta expansion into VR with Oculus, Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision and ZeniMax Media
- How will Blockchain based games like Axie Infinity affect the overall industry?
- How are revenue models changing?
- Mobile vs Desktop vs Emerging tech?
- How Digital Assets and NFTs are shaping the industry